Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Rocky" is going away

Just a sad lament; tomorrow is the last day of publication for the Rocky Mountain News in Denver, the tabloid-sized daily newspaper. That's the one I read most when I lived out there from '78-'85, and the one I'd pick up in airports when I visit every summer.

Denver has another daily, the broadsheet-sized Post, which is actually all the same company as the Rocky Mountain News anyway, so it probably didn't make sense to have two dailies from the same published anyway. Not these days.

But I will miss "Rocky", which lost sports columnist Woody Paige and others to the Denver Post years ago.

Papers everywhere are in trouble of course. The San Francisco Chronicle is in trouble; that city's only daily could go under. Life goes on I guess. Farewell, Rocky!

No comments:

Post a Comment