Saturday, March 21, 2009

Groovin' on a Saturday afternoon


Nothing profound to say, but haven't posted in a while. This past week I really enjoyed interviewing independent movie director John Waters via an ISDN line (whatever that is) from Baltimore. Made us sound like we were in the same room. He's the guy that directed Pink Flamingos, Hairspray, Crybaby. Used to work with the transvestite Devine, the big guy that dressed like a woman.

Waters is also an artist, writer, producer and was even featured on The Simpsons as a cartoon character about ten years ago. A few days before that I spoke with best selling author David Baldacci, who will appear at the Roanoke Academy of Medicine Alliance dinner at Hotel Roanoke on April 4. I have the honor of introducing him as the emcee that night.

Baldacci writes spy and sleuthing page-turners that might not be to everyone's liking but he's had 16 best sellers in a row, has a big house at Smith Mountain Lake and was a good enough writer that he gave up his job as a DC lawyer to write full time. Not bad.

I think of all the folks I've had a chance to interview or listen to over the past ten years and its pretty amazing. It just makes life fuller and more interesting as well.

Etc: I like the World Baseball Classic, but that might be because I just like baseball in general. Some of the Americans and ESPN are whining that it should be played at another time of the year and maybe it should,like after the season.. but hey, the weather's getting better and its baseball!

Enjoy March Madness... I think my bracket is in worse shape than President Obama's.

No comments:

Post a Comment